GEORGETOWN HIGH SCHOOL
MERCHANDISE FOR SALE
MISSING IN ACTION
||All donations will be used for pre-reunion expenses. Visa, Master Card or PayPal accepted.
Thanks in advance for your donation.
The Georgetown High School Reunion Committee's web site is a great way
to keep members informed, and attract a broader audience. We'll use this site to get the word out on our organization and
create a better sense of community among our members.
Our goal is to create a place where all graduates, staff and
faculty of Georgetown High School can share memories, publicize upcoming events and locate other members.
School was built in 1926 with a donation of land and money from Mr. and Mrs. Garth in memory of their son Claude who was killed
in an automobile accident. It contained a gym, which was much needed, a library, a lunchrooom and a large school yard for
a playground and a football field. Grades one through twelve used this building. In 1957 the Ed Davis School integrated
with Garth. 32 classes graduated from this school until 1958, when Georgetown High School was built to handle a rapidly
expanding school system.
was then used as a school for grades one through eight. In 1964 a new wing was added on the north side and the seventh
and eighth grades were moved to the high school. In 1973 the two local school boards decided to merge the school systems.
In order to pool their collective resources and hopefully provide an even better education for the students the school
consiolidation took place in August of 1975. The building became a Junior High School and Georgetown High School was
School was unique in that it was only in existence for a little over 17 years. The first class that attended in 1959
for the last three months of the school year had diplomas that read "graduated from Garth High School". The first
diplomas reading "graduated from Georgetown High School" were in 1960. The building has been remodeled and
bears little resemblance to the original school. Even the entrance has been moved to what was originally considered
the"side" of the school and the gymnasium has been turned the opposite direction. But, no matter how it changes
this school will always remain special for those who had the privilege of attending.